Brave - Mac Lipstick Review

12:00

I had been after a new Mac lipstick for quite a well but I was so unsure of what sort of shade or finish I wanted. I had seen brave becoming increasingly popular within the beauty blogging community, as well as all over social media for being one the perfect lipsticks to recreate the 'Kylie Jenner Lip'. After a few trips into my local Mac store and not being successful with finding this shade, I finally managed to find the tester for it and thankfully it was in stock on my most recent shopping trip. Of course, I had to make a purchase on this gorgeous shade and I am actually pleased that I waited a while to find this shade. I thought I would share with you a review of this lipstick in-case you were interested in finding out more about this shade and want to purchase it yourself.



I would describe brave as being a nude pink shade with a slight rosy mauve tones to it. It's a satin lipstick and applies with ease across the lips. Although it can be even consider slightly matte. It doesn't feel very drying on the lips at all and has around 3-4 hours staying power. If you wanted to avoid any dryness, then applying a lip balm over the top can help solve this issue. I believe it would look great on all types of skin tones. For fair skin tones it really helps to amplify the natural lip colour and makes it look more of a natural pink colour. On the other hand, on darker skin tones its a great pinky-nude colour.

 It is a great everyday lipstick that would work really well to transition from the summer into the autumn. Also by adding a lip liner to your lips when applying this lipstick, you can create a bigger illusion of your lips if you're after that Kylie Jenner look or to help keep the lipstick on for as long as possible. I would recommend using Mac - Soar to achieve this. 

(Swatches of Brave - Left: Without flash. Right: With flash)

I would definitely recommend this if you're after a pinky-nude that is going to help add definition to your lips and enhance your natural colour. It applies easily onto the lips within one coat and can last for a relative amount of time before a top up is needed. It's a great colour to add to your collection for this current season period and would be great to wear as an everyday colour. 

What do you think of Brave? Do you already own this lipstick or are you after this shade?

Let me know your thoughts.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin.

Thanks for reading,

Lauren x

You Might Also Like

0 comments