Tag | Why Do You Wear Makeup?

16:00

Today I thought I would do a little tag post. I absloutely love reading tags and getting to know a little more about bloggers just from their answers in tag related posts. Therefore, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and do my first ever tag post (the first of many probably). The one I have chosen to do is the 'Why do you wear makeup?' tag. I thought this was quite an interesting one to do and I can't wait to share my views on the subject.



1. When did you begin loving make-up? 
I can always remember putting on a few bits of make-up when I was younger and off to the school disco or to a family party. It wasn't anything major and back then it probably made me look worse due to not having any clue about make-up. We can all relate to the experience of being young and thinking that bright blue eye-shadow looked great across our lid. However wrong were we?
I didn't start to wear make-up properly till I was around thirteen, which seem's weird to think that was only five years ago? It feel's like I have been wearing make-up a lot longer than that. The only make-up I can remember applying was foundation or a powder and a light touching of mascara on my eyelashes. To me now that just sound's so minimal and you would never see me leaving the house to go out anywhere with that amount of make-up on! When I was around fifteen, I think my love of make-up started then and I even started to consider a career in this field. Unfortunately that didn't work out for me. But I still enjoy applying make-up and love trying out new products despite what happened.

2. How do you feel without make-up?
I'm just going to be honest here. I actually feel so gross and horrible without it. I hate looking in the mirror when I haven't got any make-up on. It literally makes me feel so insecure. I am so grateful for whoever made make-up haha! I am not very confident when it comes to my appearence or confident at all when it comes to anything really! But I would say the times that I do feel comfortable without wearing make-up are when I am chilling at home, at my boyfriends or even around close friends. Sometimes I love no make-up days as it just feel's so good to give your skin a break. But then again, I love knowing that if I have something planned for the day which involves me going out, I can apply my make-up and it gives me a slight boost in my confidence, even if it is only a natural look.

3. What do you love about make-up? 
I love how much positivity and enjoyment it can bring to people. For me personally, I think it really helps to bring out some of my features and make me feel better about myself. For someone with low self-esteem, I really struggle to find anything good about myself. But when I have make-up on I do feel slightly better about myself. It's mad how something so little can make such a difference to your confidence. Also I love how you can create so many different looks to suit a particular theme or event that you are going to and that you can also experiment with different products to find one what suits you best. Lipsticks or highlighters are my favourite thing about make-up for sure!!!

4. Three holy grail items - I don't have the biggest or most expensive make-up collection, so this question is fairly easy for me to answer.

Naked Urban Decay Basics Palette - I love this palette. It's small and compact so you can take it out with you or put it in your travel make-up when going away. You can easily create different eye make-up looks from the palette simply just by using the six shades included. Also you can use the shade 'venus' as a highlighter to highlight your brow bone or the inner-corner of your eyes.

Maybelline New York The Colossal Go Extreme Volum Mascara - I mentioned this product in my first haul here. I really believe this is my holy grail mascara. I cannot fault it. I have tried other high end mascara's for double the price and I believe they do not perform as well as this one from Maybelline. It makes my eyelashes appear long and feathery. They also do not clump together which is a major bonus!!

Mac Snob Lipstick - The reason why I would say this is one of my holy grail items is because this was the first ever Mac lipstick I ever bought. I feel that it's a shade that I never get bored of and I think I will always love. In my opinion, any Mac lipstick is definitely a holy grail item because of the affordability compared with other high end lipsticks, the finish is great and they are long lasting.

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I tag whoever reads this and wants to also post their own answers to this tag. If you do, feel free to link me to your blog so I can check out your answers. 

Thanks for reading,
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments