My Fave TV Shows To Watch

16:30

Being lazy, chilling out and watching TV shows is probably one of my favourite down time things to do. There's just something so good about snuggling up under a duvet or a blanket, with some snacks and sometimes even a cuddle buddy to watch your favourite series. I'm the typical girl who loves to watch series that involve drama, supernatural, romance etc. So today I thought I would share with you some of my favourite TV shows to watch.


You probably might already watch a most of these since they're pretty popular within society right now, but if you don't already and unsure of whether to start watching them, I would highly recommend them all to you!!!

source

GOSSIP GIRL

Synopsis:
It stars Blake Lively and Leighton Meester in the roles of Serena van der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf, respectively. Narrated by the omniscient yet unseen blogger "Gossip Girl", the series revolves around the lives of socialite teenagers growing up on New York City's Upper East Side who attend elite academic institutions while dealing with friends, family, jealousy, and other issues. -source 

This was one of the first TV shows I actually watched and started to get into. I remember first watching a couple of episode's when I was 11 and it was the summer before I was going to high school, it was on one evening and I was just watching it, not really knowing what it was about or anything, just that it was called Gossip Girl and looked pretty cool.

Then like a couple years later when I was a bit older, I started to get back into it and ended up watching the whole 3/4 seasons until I was caught up with where the show was currently at. After that, I remember I use to watch or record the episode's when they aired here in the UK at like 9pm on ITV2 I think it was. 

Then I don't remember watching it for a while, but I got back into it when I found out it was on it's last season in 2012 and I was so so so gutted that it was finishing. So again, I ended up watching a few seasons that I had missed and got up to date with where the series was. Therefore, I managed to watch an episode each week up until it finished and I was so sad it was all over. But also so confused at who Gossip Girl actually is, like seriously, I am still not over that one!!!!

The first few seasons are definitely what got me hooked the most with the drama, gossip, romance, hot guys and fashion.  By the end of the whole seven seasons, you're going to be wanting your own Chuck Bass in your life, own the whole of Blair Waldorf's wardrobe, you'll learn some great life lessons and want to book the next flight to New York to visit all the set locations from the show.

source

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

Synopsis:
The series takes place in Mystic Falls, Virginia, a fictional small town haunted and surrounded by supernatural beings such as vampires, werewolves and witches. The narrative of the series follows the protagonist Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) as she falls in love with vampire Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley). As the series progresses, Elena finds herself drawn to Stefan's brother Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder), resulting in a horrible series of events. As the narrative develops in the course of the series, the focal point shifts on the mysterious past of the town involving Elena's malevolent doppelgänger Katerina Petrova. Katerina was the love of both Damon and Stefan Salvatore many years ago. Her return, along with the family of Original Vampires, have all led to many plots against Elena and Mystic Falls. - source

Vampire Diaries was a series that my Friend, Amy had been persuading me for sooo long to watch. In the end I gave in and I so wish that I had started it sooner. Weirdly, I actually ended up watching this show from Series 3 and then ended up going back to rewatch the other two series at a later date. Now on it's seventh series, I am still just as hooked as I was when I first started watching a couple of years back. 

You'll literally end up feeling like you're stuck in the same love triangle Elena is in for the first few seasons, where she is stuck between Damon and Stefan, but for me personally, Stefan wins hands down every time, he's gorgeous and so sweet!!! But having said that, most of the guy's on this TV show are pretty hot and will have you glued to your TV screens. 

Aside from the obvious romances, the show is obviously also has a supernatural theme to it, but unlike some other shows in the same category, it is easy to follow and actually proves to you that not all Vampires are all of the blood sucking and killing kind, some actually do have a heart and can try to live their life to a normal level.

source
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS

Synopsis:
Set in the small town of Rosewood, the series follows the lives of four girls, Spencer HastingsAria MontgomeryHanna Marin, andEmily Fields, whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their leader, Alison DiLaurentis. One year later, the estranged friends are reunited as they begin receiving messages from a mysterious figure named "A", who threatens to expose their deepest secrets, including ones they thought only Alison knew. At first, they think it's Alison herself, but after her body is found, the girls realize that someone else is planning on ruining their lives. - source

Probably the most talked about series of the year for young people, Pretty Little Liars is a show I got into in 2011, so I was quite early on the hype of this show and for someone who comes from the UK, since they don't show it on TV over here or you can only watch it on Netflix. But out of all the shows I have mentioned in the post, Pretty Little Liars is definitely my most favourite show. 

I was literally hooked from the word go really. It is just so inciting and exciting. You literally get so hooked, that you even end up making your own theories to questions like 'Who Killed Alison', Where did Alison go' or 'Who actually is -A'. I never thought I would be so intrigued by a mystery thriller before, but with this show I seriously am. Even though it is a thriller, it's more creepy that terrifying, so don't worry about not thinking this is for you if you get scared easily, because it's not scary at all!

And again, I will just put a warning out there, HOT GUY'S ALERT!!!!! 

This is a must see show. The hype is so worth it. I have been watching this 2011 and I have not looked back since. I would so encourage you to watch it. You will not be disappointed....

source
TEEN WOLF

Synopsis:
The series revolves around social outcast Scott McCall, a high school student living in the town of Beacon Hills. Scott's life drastically changes when he is bitten by a werewolf the night before sophomore year, becoming one himself. He must henceforth learn to balance his problematic new identity with his day-to-day teenage life. The following characters are instrumental to his struggle: Stiles Stilinski, his human best friend; Allison Argent, his first love interest who comes from a family of werewolf hunters; Lydia Martin, a banshee and Allison's best friend; and Derek Hale, a mysterious werewolf with a dark past. Along the way, he encounters characters who shape him into a stronger werewolf and better person: Jackson, a bully from his high school; Malia Tate, a were-coyote and Kira Yukimura; a Japanese fox spirit. Throughout the series, he strives to keep his loved ones safe while maintaining normal relationships with them. - source

I first started watching this show back in 2012, so again it was quite early on. The first season is quite cringe and teeny, but I feel like the more the show goes on it get's so much better. So if you decide to watch it, then bare in mind that it does get a lot better as it goes on. Because of this, season 2 and 3 happen to be my favourite series out of them all. It is literally so good and gripping. I love it so much. You really see so much character development in this TV show, I think that it's quite good at reflecting real life situations, such as growing up and going through high school.

I really believe this show needs a lot more credit and views. It is honestly so good. It's funny but also dramatic. It has supernatural elements to it obviously being based on a 'Teen Wolf'. It has some creepy and sometimes scary parts to it, but like Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries it's nothing too bad that you can't actually watch it.

What are some of your favourite TV shows to watch? 

I'd love to know any recommendation's on some new shows that I could watch.
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin here and never miss a post!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments