Velvet Lip Laquer by MUA Luxe

16:30

Velvet Lip Laquer by MUA Luxe

Velvet Lip Laquer by MUA Luxe

Recently, pretty much everyone has been obsessed with liquid lipsticks and achieving that matte lip affect! I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and see what the hype is about. But first off start small and affordable. MUA Cosmetics have a selection of liquid matte lipsticks in their range for an affordable price of £3!!!! First off, I love the packaging of this product. It look's so luxurious and I love the mix of the gold and the transparent misty glass affect. Surely there is a proper name for that? But will just leave it with that haha. When looking at this product, you wouldn't presume it cost's £3. It look's a lot more expensive than it actually is. 




I decided to pick up the shade Tranquillity. This shade could be described as being an orange toned nude colour (as you can probably tell by now, I'm rubbish at describing shades or anything really, but you get the jist of it). For me personally, I don't think this shade suits me too much. But for others, maybe someone with lighter hair I could see this working. Also someone with darker hair than what I have. But for me, it just didn't look right. It completely washed me out which is a shame.

In terms of formula, it has quite a creamy texture when you first apply it on the lips. It's really easy to apply with the use of the applicator and a lot of the product goes along way, so you won't need to worry about multiple applications for a fuller coverage. Like most matte products, once the Lip Lacquer had dried into the matte effect, it did feel very dry. I'd recommend popping a bit of lip balm underneath before applying this product, to prevent the drying feel from happening and from getting chapped lips afterwards. It took around 5 minutes to dry completely and create the matte look. In my opinion, even if you're in a rush, five minutes isn't long at all. You could quite easily leave the house after applying it at the door in front of a mirror and by the time you've set off for the day, it will have started to dry anyway. 

The great thing about this product is the stay power. For an affordable liquid lipstick, it is quite surprising just how long lasting this is. Even from just swatching it on my hand and leaving it there to dry, it lasted a really long while and I found it hard to scrub off with soap when I was in the bath a few hours later. On the lips, I would say it lasts for around 3/4 hours without touch ups. Of course when it comes to drinking and eating, it does vanish off the lips. But if you're off out shopping or heading to work, college or sixth form, then this liquid lipstick will last a decent amount of time before it need's to be reapplied again. But for the price, it isn't bad at all!

I think I'd be head over heels for this liquid lipstick if it was a shade that suited me more and wasn't as drying. But apart from that, it's a good budget friendly matte liquid lipstick with a decent staying power. I'll definitely be continuing my hunt to find the perfect liquid lipstick. 

Have you tried any liquid lipsticks? What are your thoughts on them? Have you tried this one or another shade from MUA's Luxe range?

Don't forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. I always overlook the MUA stand when makeup shopping but I've seen some fab products around lately! Love the packaging on these, and for the price I'll definitely pick some up next time I'm out! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you so should! They have some lovely products within their range for affordable prices x

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful colour! Never thought to try MUA for liquid lipsticks :)
    Morgan x | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have had this and sold it on as like you I found it a tad drying and it didn't really do me any favours :( xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that is such a shame isn't it :( xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely review Lauren! Despite the dryness this liquid lipstick sounds great for the price! The staying power is definitely an amazing advantage. Might have to give this a go! :) xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Yes you should try it and see what you make of it xx

      Delete
  5. I've fancied trying these for ages but they're never in stock in my local Superdrug - definitely need to track one down though :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no! They were so popular in my local Superdrug too. Had to go to another one to find them in stock haha x

      Delete
  6. Ive been eyeing these up for a while now in superdrug but next time I'm there I think I might just buy one. They sound amazing and this colour is gorgeous! Xx

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used a similar one by MUA however I found it went all dry and sticky, the colour is lovely and it has a really definite matte look but I just couldn't get past the texture so haven't worn it since.

    Yours like a newer one of the range so maybe the consistency/formula has changed!

    www.cultivationofjasmin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I've been struggling to wear it due to the texture and shade. Yeah I think this is a newer product x

      Delete
  8. I have been trying to get hold of this for the past few months, but it always seems to be out of stock! It is such a beautiful colour <3

    Hope xox // B'bB

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shade looks so gorgeous I definitely have to try it for that price!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should try the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet's, I love them! This sounds really good for the price, it's a shame that the shade didn't suit you very well though!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to but can't afford to atm :( xx

      Delete
  11. OMG this looks amazing! I honestly didn't think at first that it was so cheap, the packaging looks high quality. I love the shade, what a shame you didn't find that it suited you. I'm deffo gonna buy some of these now, so thanks for sharing this! I bought some cheap ones from Wilko, there not very good but they was so cheap, and they smell beaut xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the packaging really does surprise you when you see the price! Aw that's ok lovely, I hope they work for you :) oh I know the ones you're on about, they look so lovely xx

      Delete
  12. Wow, fabulous review and I love how pigmented this is! The stay power sounds great too and they look so much dearer by the packaging alone :D lovely blog and instagram, I'm now following on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the colour of this, but don't think it would be me due to it being drying on the lips unfortunately. I suffer with dry lips so much already.

    Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that suck's :( I wish it wasn't so drying!xx

      Delete
  14. The packaging of those is so pretty, it reminds me of the Gerard liquid lipsticks! (I think it's Gerard, I might get my brands mixed up haha) and what an amazing price! I'll keep my eye out for these x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I know the ones you mean! They look so good!x

      Delete
  15. I always love to see liquid lipstics collection, so colorful and pretty in packaging but I would prefer lipstick to wear. I think it will be simple to use lipstick than the liquid one.

    xxx

    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean. I haven't been sold on liquid lipsticks just yet x

      Delete
  16. I have never heard of the Velvet Lip Laquers before but next time I am in Superdrug I will definitely pick a few up. I love liquid lipsticks so this sounds perfect for me. I can't believe it is only £3!
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete