Lush - Mask of Magnaminty (Self-Preserving)

13:04

After so many of you recommended this to me, I finally went to Lush and bought Mask of Magnaminty. I'm really excited to share with you my views on this, since the last Lush mask I reviewed went down really well (read here) and I would love for you guys to find out whether or not I thought this mask lives up to the hype it has surrounding it.

So let's start with the aims of this product. Mask of Magnaminty is a multi-purpose mask with calm and gentle ingredients that help to clean, calm and clear the skin. The main ingredients of this mask include peppermint oil that help to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin, with primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate as you remove the mask.

Unlike the Cupcake face mask I used from Lush before, this one is actually one of the self-preserving face mask. This means that you do not have to keep it in the fridge, because the masks formula has been made so that it lasts longer than the usual formula does. Although this does not mean that there has been major changes to the product, it will still look and feel the same. I think I prefer this formula rather than the fresh range, because you don't have to worry about trying to use as much as it up as you can before the product runs out of date.

The other reason aside from the recommendation's and positive reviews I had read, I also wanted to try a mask that would help clear up any spots that I had on my skin that were struggling to heal. I find that when I do get a spot, however long it last's, whether it's only there for less than  a week or a good few weeks, I always find they take forever to completely heal. Instead I'm left with this horrible mark on my skin where it once was.

So when I finally purchased this mask and took it home to try, I was really excited and looking forward to using it on my skin. My first impressions of Mask of Magnaminty was that the colour look's so typical face mask, the kind of mask you'd see in a late 90's teen rom-com film, where the girl's are having a sleepover and pampering themselves with green masks, can you see what I mean? Anyway aside from that, it reminded me of something quite natural and fresh, which is what you want from a face mask. The next thing that hit was the smell of spearmint, which you instantly know that this scent is going to be very calming and soothing on the skin.



Like the other face mask I had tried, it was very easy to put on the skin. The only difference was that this one felt a lot runnier than cupcake. I feel as this was because I obviously hadn't kept it in the fridge and it meant it was more liquidised than what the other one was when kept in a cool temperature. I applied this mask all over my face (I'm yet to try it on my body), being careful not to get any in my eyes or in my hair. I always manage to get some in a lose strand somehow haha. It didn't feel as wet as I thought it would be on the skin, but it wasn't drying, it felt just right.

I left the face mask on for around 10 minutes. During this time, it wasn't until my second usage of this mask that I began to feel that typical tightness you can get with some masks. It was mainly around my nose and forehead. But aside from that, there were no major changes I could note.

Once the time was up, I took off the mask and this is where I found the most problems. I used soap and water like I normally would when removing a mask, but for some reason I just found it so hard to remove the mask off my skin. I think it might have had something to do with the texture of the mask, because it also acts as an exfoliator, so I did find it hard to remove the scrub like part.

When I finally managed to get the mask of my skin, the only difference to my skin that I could tell was that it felt a lot more smoother and my spots didn't look as red. I would say it took a couple of days and more uses of this mask to start seeing slight changes to my spots. I would say they have slowly started to heal, they don't look as angry or like they're as scarred as before, yet they're not completely healed or looking like they're going to go away any time soon.

Overall, I think I'm a little disappointed with this mask. I had such good expectations on it and I really wanted it to live up to the hype, but I just didn't see any massive changes in my skin or spots, which is such a shame. Maybe I had set the bench mark to high due to the positive comments I had been reading or maybe it has something to do with the self-preserving formula. But I don't think I will be repurchasing this one in the future.

Have you tried Mask of Magnaminty? Did you like it? What Lush masks have you tried and loved?

Lauren x

Don't forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. This looks absolutely gorgeous. Great post. I've read so many good reviews on this mask that I really must give it a try! :)
    Sharon xx

    https://rosieloveslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You definitely should :)xx

      Delete
  2. I love this mask it's my absolute fav from Lush! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw too bad it didn't work out great for you, I might give this one a miss! I think your blog is lovely also, let me know if you want to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know such a shame!! Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  4. I used this face mask a lot. I thought it was really helping my skin, but after a while it started to make my skin really dry. I used it twice a week but I had to go down to just once. It does help (to a degree) with redness and I find that spots don't last as long but it's definitely not the miracle worker I was hoping for! Your review was very accurate girly!!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's such a shame!! I felt the exact same. Thanks so much :)xx

      Delete
  5. Such a shame this didn't meet your expectations, but it doesn't really work instantly. I'd definitely recommend using it a few times a week. I have tried the self-preserving one but the original version took a while to work for me and I absolutely swear by it these days :)!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am still using it and maybe I'll see better results over time! Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  6. Ahhh such a shame it didn't work for you as you wanted girly !! I actually have been using this for a few days since buying it (well ... Every 2 days hehe)... And I have actually noticed a difference in how healthy my skin looks!! I guess it just does to show that everybody's skin is different !! I do agree that it is quite hard to remove though!
    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so good that it's worked for you!!xx

      Delete
  7. I'd heard really great things about this too so it's a shame it didn't really live up to the hype for you! I was wanting to check it out mainly because I find Lush's fresh masks very good but so impractical

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, they're so impractical xx

      Delete
  8. I have never loved LUSH masks. I'm not huge fan of LUSH products in general as I find they are usually quite overpriced for what they are. However once every few months (like today!) I'll pop in and give a few new products a chance.

    I've had the same problem with removing the masks. I tried Brazened Honey one time and it did more harm than good as I felt I was scrubbing for ages trying to get it off. Cosmetic Catastrophe was a little better, but still tough to remove. Especially with the fresh face masks, I find them to be such a rip off as they only last a couple week. I'm glad at least this is a self preserving one.

    If you're looking for something great at zapping spot that is also very gentle, try the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. It's pricey but so worth the money as I always see and feel a difference in the texture of my skin after using it.

    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I hate trying to remove them and I do find them slightly overpriced for the quality sometimes too!! Thanks for the recommendation xx

      Delete
  9. I love those typical green masks but it's a shame it didn't work as well as you hoped! It sounds like it would make a good exfoliator though x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty good for exfoliating xx

      Delete
  10. Great review! I've been curious about this mask. Sounds like it might be more effort than it's worth though, especially since it proved so difficult to remove - that would drive me crazy I think! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie!! Haha it is fairly annoying to get off xx

      Delete
  11. Amazing review :) I love LUSH :)
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried this mask before, but have been wanting to for the longest time due to all the positive comments made by other bloggers about it! The scent of mint is what is appealing to me, as I feel like it would work so well on my skin, making me feel fresh and awake. The texture does seem slightly too runny, it's a shame you didn't quite like it. I'd have loved it to have been the same consistency as Cupcake, as that mask is one of my faves!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is so lovely and refreshing!!! Me too, I love cupcake xx

      Delete