Beauty Things I Wish I Was Good At

08:00

Beauty Things I Wish I Was Good At
Do you ever get those moments when doing your makeup or carrying out your beauty routine where you just feel like you wish you could be better at doing something? It's not that your terrible (I am actually at winged liner...), it's more that you can't perfect it like most people do or you struggle with your application, but can just about get away with the finished results. I thought it would be fun to share some of those beauty things I wish I was a lot better at and for you guys to see if any of them are similiar to the things you struggle with too. I'm sure there's going to be at least one!
Eyeliner - I suck so terribly at eyeliner. I can't use liquid liner to save my life and always stick to a pencil liner. Even then, I only run that along my waterline and stay well clear of any other areas of my eye. Don't even get me started on winged liner! That's another fail for another day. But I wish I was one of those people who can effortless use a liner and make it look super easy. I think it would genuinely take me about ten years to master a winged look. Hats off to anyone who can do it with such ease and patience. Share your tips please. 

Eyeshadow - It's only been the past few months where I have really got back into wearing shadows on my lids. I didn't think it particularly suited me nor did I think I was good enough at the whole blending thing either. My go to shade has always been a gold shimmery lid, but lately I've been opting for different shades that I wouldn't have gone for before and therefore have been experimenting with different looks. It's honestly been so much fun and I'm shadow obsessed now. I just wish I was better at blending them out perfectly and thinking of different looks that I know will suit me. 

Contouring - I'm going to throw my hands up now and say I've never tried to contour before with cream products! I stick to my trusty Hoola Bronzer by Benefit to attempt to contour my face. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to try and do it properly with some cream based products. If you have any recommendations on affordable yet good quality cream contour products, then please let me know so I can finally give it a go!

Doing my eyebrows - I promise there isn't a theme with this whole eye thing that I seem to suck at, but doing my eyebrows is something I dread to do and can't afford to get them professionally done. I have to use my trusty tweezers and hope for the best. I wish I could create a really defined and well groomed set of brows, but right now that just seems so unattainable. Practice makes perfect, right? 

Fake tanning - Come summer time, I'm always trying different fake tanning products to give myself a lovely natural looking bronzed look. I tend to stick with tanning moisturisers, my favourite being Palmers Cocoa Butter Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturiser (it's honestly so so so good, I couldn't recommend it enough!!!). But this year, I really want to step out of my comfort zone and go for something a little different. My only issue is my application, so I really want to up that to avoid any patchiness or streaks. 

What beauty things do you wish you were better at?

Lauren x

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. I loved this post. Cream contouring wise I actually did a post all about it on my blog, I love to use the L'Oréal sculpt palette!! Xx

    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Kirsty! I will have to check out this post for sure:)xx

      Delete
  2. Eyeliner is the bane of my life! I don't think I'll ever be able to do it properly, not that I even think it'd suit me that much anyway! It'd be a nice skill to master though. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm literally the exact same girl!xx

      Delete
  3. Such a funny post. It just shows that the expectations of a blogger's makeup skills aren't as the reality. I wish I was better at applying eye shadow too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyeliner is mine too, no matter how much I try or what I use it just isn't happening! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. With any kind of makeup look, in my eyes, practise makes perfect! Well even to get it the way you want it to look! My tip to you for winged liner is to line up a liner brush, or felt liner angled from your nose pointing to your eyebrow - this will act as a guide of where to draw the liner that will suit your eye shape! X
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with you on that! Practising is key. That's some great tips there. Thanks for sharing them, Amber xx

      Delete
  6. I suck at eyeliner too. I use a liquid liner and I can just about do a good line with lots of concentration but when it comes down to a wing, nope. Not happening. I envy those who can do a good winged eyeliner!

    http://fadingtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even do a good line with concentration hahaha! Me too girl xx

      Delete
  7. I've been getting better at winged liner by practicing with it before I take my makeup off at night! Because there's no pressure to do it perfectly it's easier to do for some reason, at least for me. I wish I had someone to do my brows, too!

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great tip, Katie! Thanks for sharing xx

      Delete
  8. I still don't have the skills in doing my shadows and contouring despite having watched thousands of makeup videos hahaha x

    Erin x | Erin Azmir Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO rubbish with fake tan, it just turns all blotchy and weird on me, every time. Also contouring is something I either get right or get very wrong, it differs daily!

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't agree more with this post. I NEVER wear eyeliner because I just can't do it, I also rarely fake tan because it always goes patchy regardless of the product I use...

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly I am awful at liner as well, some people make it look so easy! I can't use liquid liner at all (at all!) so usually what I do is I get a small angled liner brush, some dark eyeshadow or a really creamy pencil liner and I use the brush to do my liner- it works really well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  12. Winged liner is my number one thing too! I'm just so awful at it urghh xx

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't do winged eyeliner to save my life, literally. I'm awful! It's when I try and attempt it and ruin my whole eye look I've just created so I feel like a failure haha! A shimmery gold on the lid always looks pretty, I don't think you can go wrong with it!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete