Blog Reader Survey Results

08:00

Blog Reader Survey Results
Hello there! So a couple of weeks back I mentioned in my last blog post of 2017 and I've also been sharing around on my social medias that I had put together a short survey that I wanted you guys to answer for me. I really want to up my blog game in 2018 and make it the best year for it ever! I wanted to know as much as I could about you guys and your thoughts regarding my blog. This way I could ensure I had a good general idea about you and what you enjoyed,  as well as what would make you keep coming back to my little space on the Internet. 

Thank you so so so much if you did fill out the survey! You guys are the best and definitely know how to make me happy. Your results have been so useful and have made me feel even more motivated to continue to work hard. Thank you so much once again!

I really wanted to share with you guys the results I did get back from my blog reader survey and what these results will mean for the future of my blog. Don't fret! I'm not going to be making any major changes or anything like that as such, but I definitely now have a clearer view of where I plan to take my blog throughout 2018 all thanks to you lovely lot. 

So let's jump into the results, shall we?!

How long have you been reading my blog for?

I will have been blogging for three years in June this year (2018). It's made how quickly it has gone and how long it has been. I really had no idea until the survey how long most people had been reading my blog for, as I've had readers come and go over the course of having this blog. But the survey concluded that most of you guys are new readers or have only been reading for the past few months. So hello newbies! It's fab to have you here. There was also a few of you who have been reading well over a year, so I want to say a massive thank you for sticking with me. I'm so happy to know that you're still here and hopefully enjoying the content I create!

How old are you?

I already had a rough idea of how old most people were who read my blog through checking out my readers blogs and engaging with them on social media, so it isn't a huge surprise for me when I had seen that most of you guys are between the ages of 16-20 and those between the ages of 21-25 were closely followed behind. But what did shock me a little was that some of you guys were actually over 30 and being a 20 year old girl myself, I had no idea someone older than my own demographic would be interested in my blog. But this has definitely made me super happy to know we have a good range of ages here! Everyone is welcome after all. 

Where do you currently live?

Again with this one I had a good idea about where most of you guys came from. Most of you live in the United Kingdom and this was closely followed by Europe. I was aware of this again from reading your blogs and also interacting with you on social media. One thing that did amuse me was that quite a few of you seem to also be from Norwich which is where I live. I don't know whether this is people who I know actually reading my blog or I just have people who read my blog from the same area as me, but either way it's still pretty cool!

How often did you read my blog in 2017?

I felt like my uploading in 2017 was a bit all over the place for several reasons, but that didn't seem to stop you guys from reading after every upload, which made me insanely happy to see within these survey results. That's all I could ever ask for, so thank you!!! Although the most popular response was that some of you read every so often, yet this still made me happy to know that at least you sometimes check it out and also I had some people saying they read weekly. A response that would have probably made me disappointed a couple of years ago was that some of you rarely read, but now I see that as an opportunity to try convince you to read more often by making myself work harder and being more consistent.

Where do you find out about new blog posts?

The importance of Instagram and how beneficial it is for you as a blogger was truly highlighted in this survey question. A huge 62% of you voted that Instagram was the number one place you found out about my new blog posts. The other smaller percentages voted for Twitter and Bloglovin. It's actually crazy how much it made me realise that I need to continue to work hard on Instagram and keep you guys updated on their about blog updates as much as I possibly can. 

Which types of posts do you enjoy reading the most?

Beauty and lifestyle posts were chosen top by you guys on this one! Obviously this blog is mainly beauty and lifestyle focused so this is a good result for me to read. I'm glad you guys enjoy reading these type of posts. These two top results were shortly followed by mental health, which I do touch on time to time. They're quite personal posts to write so I'm glad they've gotten a positive response. Blogging and personal posts came joint in the last chosen response, but I guess personal posts could be linked in with mental health and blogging posts will be explained more in the next question.

What types of content would you like to see more of?

This is where blogging tips came out on top this time round alongside wellness posts. This makes me again very happy as they are both topics I really do want to touch more on in 2018. I spent a lot of 2017 wondering whether to focus more on wellness topics as it's a topic I'm very interested in and love reading about. So going into 2018 I hope to feature more of these style of posts on my blog now I know you guys would like to see more of it. I also really love writing blogging tips posts, so I'll definitely ensure I post more of them too. You guys also seemed to want more beauty round up posts, which again I can try make work on my blog too. 

You can expect the same sort of content on my blog, but just know that topics like more wellness, blogging tips and beauty round ups are to come! I personally can't wait.

What would you like to improve on my blog?

Getting feedback on improvements is very helpful when it comes to improving my blog this year! The answers that got the most responses were coincidently ones I also agreed needed improving. Lots of you guys wanted to see be more consistent with my uploading and this is definitely one of my main aims for 2018. As I mentioned, I slacked a lot with my uploading in 2017 and it really got me down that I couldn't seem to stick to being consistent. I really hope I can get back to being consistent this year as I did it so well in 2016 and I really enjoy blogging when I can be. The other survey response that got the highest results was that I needed to be more personal and again I have to agree. I think I'm still trying to figure out what my writing style is, so I guess this will come more in time. But I'm definitely going to work hard on being more personal. I think it helps you as an audience and me as a reader of other blogs to get to know the person behind the blog better, so it will definitely be another to focus on. 

You guys also wanted me to be more varied with my content and now I know what type of posts you love the most and what you want to see more of, I know I will be able to deliver a more varied set of content each month for you to hopefully enjoy. What really made me smile was that no one voted that I needed to improve on my blog photography. I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet because I'm not and I know I still have a very long way to go to improve my blog photos, but this made me feel a little relieved in a way because I tried to up my blog photography game in 2017 and I actually managed to take some shots I was super proud of!

Any feedback - positive or constructive criticism:

Reading your comments on this one really made my day! You guys are so so so lovely. I thought for this one I would just write up a few comments on what some of you said. So here we go:
  • 'Love your blog.'
  • 'I don't have a lot of time to read blogs, but I really love yours.'
  • 'I love your blog. It really helps me to look at things in different perspectives.'
  • 'It's good.'
 Thank you so much for all your kind words. 

Which other blogs do you enjoy reading and why?

I really wanted to know whose blogs you guys also enjoyed reading and why you did. This can be helpful to gather more of a good idea of your interests and also your tastes. Plus it's also a good way for me to check out and discover some new bloggers in a similar target market as me. 

Most of the blogs were lifestyle and beauty focused. Blogs such as Dorkface, The Blossom Twins, Pintsizedbeauty, itslittlelauren, WhatOliviaDid, Poppy Deyes, In The Frow and Wonderful You were just some of the blogs mentioned that you guys also love. I can definitely see a few of my favourites in these blogs too! 

Thank you so much to everyone who checked out and answered the questions in my survey! As you can see your responses have been super helpful and it has made me feel a lot better about my blog now we're in a new year. Thanks so much again!

Best wishes,

Lauren x

You Might Also Like

8 comments